Monday, March 4, 2013

First Day in InDesign!

Hello Everyone,

Today, the class began working on our layouts in InDesign. I used the sketches I did before to help me layout the first pages of my booklet. First I had to decide how my booklet will be put together and how I will bind it. Mrs. Dersch said the most simplest way to bind a booklet is to do a stitch binding which involves stapling the pages together, so I was going to have my book in a stitch binding.

The first I did in InDesign was create my cover page. I wanted it to be simple and the text to flow easily  on it. I also wanted my booklet to be uniform so I decided to stick with one text style since Mrs. Dersch said to have a minimum of two type faces in a booklet. So I stuck with Minion Pro, a professional and readable typeface.

Next, I chose the color of booklet. I wanted the cover page to be an exact same color as the rest of the pages so I chose a simple cyan color. It not too bright for it to hurt the readers eyes and not dark to make the text unreadable. I also included an image of my drawing pencils to match the theme of my tutorial. However, I changed the opacity to a lower level to make it transparent to it won't steal all of the attention from the text.

After I was done with the layout of my cover page, I had my teacher review it. Mrs. Dersch said that it looked good, but the reflection of the flash from my camera was obscuring the picture so I made a mental note to fix that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment